So you have a blog. Well, guess what? A lot of people do too! Even pets have their own and possibly every geeky kid in high school. For the past years, blogging has become a thing and it is being used as a platform to present anything from literary pieces, relevant articles, E-commerce, and all sorts of portfolios.
But creating a blog is just the first step. In fact, with the available templates for blog themes, creation, including the design, is the easiest part of blogging. Making it visible for the whole world to see is the tacky part.
Here are 20 sure-fire strategies that can improve your rankings so your audience can find your blog in the Search Engines:
1. Write High Quality Content – a fancy blog is just a base, something to catch the attention of the reader. But what really gets into their system is the quality of your content. Aim for well- researched and catchy articles that will interest your audience. That kind of content makes them want to read more so they tend to come back giving you a solid audience.
2. Use SEO Plugin like Yoast SEO – Setting Description, Meta Tags, Slugs, Alt tags etc.- these are tools that were made for the sole reason of optimizing blogs for search engines. Using them strategically will be an advantage.
3. Get Index By Search Engines – these search engines use mathematical equations to determine how valuable the information from a document is. Knowing which string of words are on top of the index can give you an idea which ones to use in order to provide relevant and popular content.
4. Social Media Integration – most users have at least one social media platform they frequent in. Linking your site to social media will increase exposure and improve your presence.
5. Optimizing Images and Media Content – “a picture is worth a thousand words” and a well-optimized image can make the content attractive and more note-worthy. Use catchy captions, pick the right file name, and reducing the file size are just some ways to optimize media content.
6. CTAs Subscription Option – an option for a Call to Action subscription can help grow your email list. This is great when you want to increase lead conversions.
7. Give free resources – provide something that would help the users understand or explore the content. An E-book perhaps? Anything extra is always appealing especially when it’s free.
8. Guest Posting – Some users find it time- consuming to register even if it will take only a few minutes. Guest posting means letting them use the comments section in an instant. It gives way for readers to give their feedback in real time and allows you to take action right away.
9. Join Community/Networks/Forums and start interactions by commenting and sharing your content to related topics posted – forums and other types of online communities are a great source of targeted audience. This adds exposure and a direct interaction with the target market is the best way to offer what you have.
10. Email Marketing – This enables you to directly communicate with a potential user without having to wait for them to get online. You get to reach them even when your time zones don’t meet. It ensures that what you post on your blog is advertised directly to your target.
11. Improve Your Blog Appearance and Performance – investing on a premium theme will ensure that your page looks great and that it loads fast. These are some of the things that users like the most in a blog.
12. Make Sure to Have a Mobile Responsive Website – smartphones have become a lifeline for many people. Your website should be able to switch into a mobile site for those techy on-the-go individuals. You can check your website or blog responsiveness using Google Mobile-Friendly Test.
13. Manage Your Trackback & Comment Spam – there are anti- spam plugins that can help with preventing comment spams as well as filter comments to show those that are most relevant to the content.
14. Create and Submit a Sitemap – it would make it search engine- friendly because it is much easier for them to categorize your site and is perfect for choosing which pages to prioritize once the search engine crawls through the site. Read More on how to submit your blog sitemap at https://www.google.com/webmasters/support/.
15. Know how to use proper linking – internal and external linking.- proper linking makes the site more organized and reliable at the same time. It also means providing the best resources for the readers.
16. Upload Videos and Media as Possible – Media Content is an effective interactive way to entice readers- interactive content like videos are appealing and encourage the readers to stay a bit longer on your site. You may start with trending videos from social media sites.
17. Focus on Building Your Brand and Authority – It will help a lot if the users are able to remember your brand. Post relevant content for a great recall.
18. Monetise Your Blog With Related Ads – choose ads that are in line with the content of your site. In a way, you are giving the readers resources for things that are related to your content.
19. Accept Guest Post to Your Blog – Collaborating with the guests is one way to provide your audience the chance to air their thoughts on the matter.
20. Update Your Blog Frequently – keep your readers satisfied by regularly providing fresh content.
Optimizing your blog is a long and complex process. But, with these strategies, you can cut the time spent on blog optimization and have a blog that seems to be tended by a professional.
Blogging is a fun way to express yourself. Do not get burdened by the technicalities that surround it. Yes, there is a need to study about coding, SEO, and other blogging stuff but it is not necessary to be buried- deep with all the information. Scour for simple methods like the ones above and start inching your way up until you perfect the art of blog optimization. Pretty soon you’ll notice how easy and natural it is to keep your ranks up.