Successful people do not just happen overnight. Same is true with so many successful bloggers that we have now. They did not get to where they are right now in an instant. Once upon a time they probably even asked Google ‘how to write a blog post’. But what sets them apart is that they have goals. They envision these goals and stick to it, and so should you. Before the year ends, let us help you get ready to have a good jumpstart with your blogging goals and welcome the new year right.
Why Your Goals Are Important
Regardless of what you do or what you would want to achieve, knowing what your clear goals are make a lot of difference. A whole lot. People who belong to the cream of the crop in their institution or field have vividly mapped out their goals and they commit every day of their lives to achieving those goals.
However, it is not all that. You must also be able to identify if your goals are the “right goals”. Do not just say “I want to get rich.” Instead proudly declare “I want to have a million dollars in my account before I reach 30.” When visualizing your goals for your blog page, do not just say that you want your blog to be famous. Create specific targets and aim for them.
Learn to have SMART blogging goals which I will tell you more later in this article.
How To Achieve Excellent Blogging Goals
1. Focus On Creation
It is human nature to always look for something new and fresh every time and your blog must be able to answer the need of your visitors. If not, then they would end up bored and look for other pages to visit. A-lister bloggers dedicate themselves to come up with powerful content every single day.
As a blog owner, you ought to learn how to create worthwhile substance that will keep your audience entertained and engaged. Always be on the lookout for new opportunities and ideas related to your niche. As much as possible, do not let a day pass you by without coming up with a new idea or even a new blog content.
2. Measure Your Performance
When you set goals, quantify them. Give a specific time, amount of income to be generated or target number of visits for you to measure or gauge yourself at the end of a specific period. This is a very important step when setting your goals so you know whether you have achieved them or missed them and try better. When you have decided that you want to generate income from your blog then measuring your performance should be necessary.
Performance goals should be SMART which stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bounded.
- Specific – What are you specifically trying to achieve? Is your goals clear enough? Be specific and describe it in detail.
- Measurable – Numbers can give you a clear visualization and realization of your goals. How much time can you commit? How long can you continue blogging? Can you measure your progress? How much earnings do you expect?
- Attainable – Is your goal realistic enough? Can you really accomplish this goal?
- Relevant – Do you have the resources needed? How ready are you to take actions for this goal? Do you have what it takes?
- Timely – Set a deadline for yourself. Can you achieve the goal in this time?
Always aim to have SMART blogging goals.
3. Gear Up For Optimization
When you have set performance goals for your blog, next thing you do is act in order to hit those goals. After such, you evaluate your performance and look for ways to improve your plan. Optimization goals allow you to seek new opportunities to improve on yourself that will be a prerequisite in getting your page to the next level.
Breakdown Your Goals and Take Actions
Using the creation, performance and optimization outline here are 7 goals to keep you on track:
1. Come up with at least 3 fresh ideas or concepts related to your niche. Think out of the box and ensure these were not yet popular or heard of before in your specific niche. These new concepts will become the backbone of your future blog posts. Your audience will be curious and engaged when you come up with something they have not read before.
2. Focus and start on having one expert product related to your niche of course that will build your expertise. Once you have this, you will be able to attract readers be sought for.
3. Do not be confined with your own blog page, create your social media pages and have it updated also. Learn to come up with podcasts or vlogs that could entice your audience.
4. When you have created your backbone of fresh ideas, next on your blogging goals is to have a constant stream of new content. It is totally up to you to how you could manage to have regular published blogs. You could start from having one post per week, then try to step up to two per week and so on. Try to publish more valuable content.
5. Once you have come up with your SMART blogging goals, then pick any metric of your preference and try to notch it up by 5 or 10% every after a specified timeframe. Write down your goals and work on them.
6. Familiarize yourself with Google Analytics and have it installed on your blog. With this, you can monitor your numbers. Try to look at your numbers at least once a week on the same day. Compare your current numbers with your performance goals and analyse your data. Here a video tutorial on how to install Google Analytics to your WordPress blog.
7. Have daily micro-goals and commit to achieving them. Try to start with simple tasks such as having one new idea per day or writing 200 words a day from a topic in your list. Do not be too very conscious of the quality of the article you come up with especially when you are starting. The important thing here is to embed in your system these practices so that it will be easier for you to write more in the future. When you achieve your micro-goals, eventually this will lead to more success.
So What Now?
After going through those blogging goals, a part of you may be thinking “Uh-oh, this is not as easy as I thought it was.” Shut that voice down and decide to take action today. Brainstorm with your friends or your environment and start with having a new perspective. Blogging can be fun and income-generating so do not let this opportunity pass you by.
Have you achieved your goals this 2017? What are your blogging goals for 2018? Feel free to comment down your goals and let’s help push each other towards success!
Boost Your Blogging Experience and Earn Real Money in No Time.
We hate spam. Only Received Our Newsletter for the latest tips, deals, tutorials and guides.